News from the Office of Digital Learning
The Office of Digital Learning has recently begun a series on our blog about the newly-formed information environmentalism movement as an integral part of cultivating digital fluency. As Amy Collier writes in her post Attending to the Information Environment of the Web, “Misinformation on the web is polarizing us, it’s radicalizing us, and we should be paying attention.” Amy makes a call for higher education in general — and Middlebury in particular — to lead the way in improving our information ecosystem. To learn more about information environmentalism, and to join in, we invite you to begin by reading Amy’s post.
To learn more about other projects and initiatives supported by the Office of Digital Learning, we invite you to peruse This Week in ODL, a series on our blog where readers can find updates on the projects, news, and developments underway at our office. And don’t forget to check our Projects page where you can find descriptions of and links to our many projects.
The ODL has an active blog and we would love to count you among our regular readers! To receive blog updates in your inbox, subscribe to our blog by scrolling to the bottom of our website and adding your email address to the subscribers list. While you’re there, we hope you’ll check out our latest blog posts:
- Attending to the Information Environment of the Web by Amy Collier
- Critical Thinking in Language Teaching by Sonja Burrows
- Students and Critical Instructional Design by Alfredo Torres, ODL Intern
- School in India Pre-Immersion Site Update in This Week in ODL
- MiddCreate for the Sciences in This Week in ODL
- MiddCreate Spotlight: Seo-Young Jun in MiddCreate Spotlight