I’m in the process of a brand mapping exercise. Your input would be helpful. There are many sub-brands that are producing a little fragmentation of Middlebury College’s core offering. How do sub-brands leverage and support “Knowledge without Boundaries.” The goal of brand mapping is to help identify missed opportunities in our communication with our Audience. I hope that discussions on this topic will help us enhance the quality of the interaction we have with our audience and help leverage what is available in Middlebury College for sub-brands.
Benefits of Mapping Sub-Brands:
• Strengthen the brand experience for our audience and ensure it reinforces and builds the parent brand
• Provide a framework for the sub-brands and products to adapt their offerings and positioning to their individual audiences
• Provide a strategic framework to leverage the college’s core beliefs and offerings
• Identify gaps or missed opportunities in the college’s offering
• Identify core brands throughout the organization that should be high profile due to their potential to benefit the parent brand
• Clarify the college’s offering to its different markets and avoid misperceptions or confusion