- Created a system inventory and identify dependencies.
- Generated a list of platform requirements. These would be in addition to what is found by the Requirements Committee.
- Based on discussions, we identified three strategies for building a new presence.
- An Aggregator Home Page with no central CMS, content authoring and managing would be done through multiple systems
- Central CMS for the content of www.middlebury.edu, would include a personal homepage for authenticated users.
- A combination of the two.
- Investigated platform possibilities, with advantages and disadvantages.
We are currently narrowing down the possibilities based on our requirements, and looking for examples of use in other higher-ed institutions. We are leaning towards a combination cms/portal platform, and will be deciding whether these two functions should exist on the same or different platforms.