Although this is neither a writing or screening-centered course, there is one assignment in the first week to get you to watch an example of environmental film making, and think about the strategies used in such films. More beneath the fold…
Each student should claim one of these films that are on reserve in the library by commenting on this post with your choice of film:
Once you have watched your film, compose a blog post that addresses these questions:
- What is the topic of the film?
- What are the specific intents of the film?
- What are the approaches of the film? How do the approaches fit with the topic and intents?
- What can we learn from this film, in terms of content, that might help us create Sustainable TV?
- What can we learn from this film, in terms of media production, that might help us create Sustainable TV?
Please post these blog commentaries by Friday, January 8. And please read each others’ posts and add comments!