Maxwell Leslie ’18

panther

Hometown: Lexington, KY

High School: Lexington Catholic High School

Major/Minor: Double major in French and Film and Media Culture

E-mail: mleslie@middlebury.edu

Activities: Watching Netflix, baking, and working for the theater department

What is your favorite non-academic activity?

I love to bake and cook with friends when I can. (*cough* Tabitha *cough*) Venturing around campus finding all the hidden nooks and crannies is also quite fun to do.

What is the number one thing on your Middlebury Bucket List?

To muster the courage to speak at the Moth or Verbal Onslaught.

Where is the best view on campus?

I would have to say it is a tie between two places on campus. The first is from the very top room in Gifford. It has windows facing both East and West and looks out over all of campus. The second view is from Bicentennial Hall (Bi-Hall). A sunset or sunrise looking out the organic garden and the mountains in the distance is absolutely beautiful.

What is your quest?

I am on a quest to find the best hot chocolate when it is cold out and the best milkshake when it is hot out. I also want to drink as much apple cider as I can while I go to school here.

Where is your favorite place to hang out with friends?

Either in our own rooms (we migrate from place to place) or on Battell Beach when the weather is nice enough.

What do you struggle with?

I struggle with writing a lot. It is by no means one of my talents. Although, it hasn’t been so bad here since the professors and Commons Deans really care and work with you to make things go more smoothly.

Why college? Why Middlebury?

I chose to go to college because I wanted to continue my studies in French, and Middlebury specifically is very well known for its language programs. After taking a few classes I realized that I also enjoy film studies a lot. This is why I recently declared my double major in both areas. Attending Middlebury was an easy choice for me.  The people I met when I visited were warm and welcoming and the structure of the college’s academic system was also very appealing.

One piece of advice you would give prospective students in the admissions process?

Be aware of ALL deadlines, not just for the application itself. Many times, scholarship and financial aid deadlines are separate so keep this in mind. Also, enjoy the college search. Try to relax along the way. It should be fun. Stop and smell the roses, or if you’re allergic, have a cider doughnut!

What would you be reincarnated as in your next life?

I would be reincarnated as the wind. The area we are in is gorgeous. The mountains and lakes are at our fingertips but still out of reach sometimes. I want to be free as a bird but even more so.

You must be logged in to post a comment.