Kendall Arthur ’17

10633355_904917446188621_7946222017776162005_o

Hometown: Sanford, Fl

High School: The Hotchkiss School

Major/Minor: Psychology Major, Global Health and Philosophy Minors

E-mail: karthur@middlebury.edu

Activities: Social House Member (Tavern), Orientation Leader, IM Soccer, IM Softball, Yoga, Spin Classes, Phonathon

What is your favorite non-academic activity?

If I am alone my favorite non-academic activity is reading for fun because I don’t get to do it that often. If I am with my friends one of my favorite things to do with them is go to trivia night, even if we’ve never won.

What is the number one thing on your Middlebury Bucket List?

One thing I want to do before I graduate is tell a story at the Moth which is Middlebury’s storytelling group on campus. So many people go and every time the stories are unique and amazing and I want to be able to contribute to that and say it’s something that I’ve done.

Where is the best view on campus?

The view right behind Bihall at sunset that looks out over the Adirondacks because there is nothing like watching the sun descend behind the mountains with nothing blocking your view.

What is your quest?

Big Life Quest: to be happy and successful. Small Life Quest: actually feel like an adult (one day faaarrrr in future), maybe recreate/relive the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S. with my friends (minus all the tv drama)

Where is your favorite place to hang out with friends?

Either in our suite in the lounge or in McCullough (the student center) the most important thing to me is just being able to hang out with them though it doesn’t really matter where. I prefer a space where we can all see and hear each other while having fun.

What do you struggle with?

One of the hardest parts about Middlebury is time, I feel like I never have enough time to do all the things I want as well as all the things that need to be done. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with everything I want to do and have to do that I end up not doing anything at all. I know that I need to realize that it’s okay not to do everything and that there will always be time later. Stressing about the future is not going to change what you’re doing now.

Why college? Why Middlebury?

There was never an option of not going to college, I always knew when I was little that I would go it was just a matter of where. I chose Middlebury because I was looking for that sense of community and belonging that I found in high school and I thought I would find it on this campus. I have to say that I’ve met the most amazing people here and the friendships and relationships I’ve formed with everyone on this campus solidify the fact that I made the right choice in coming here.

One piece of advice you would give prospective students in the admissions process?

Don’t worry if you don’t have that “aha” moment about a specific college. It’s more important that you go to a school where you can see yourself becoming happy and becoming a part of the community. No matter where you go, as long as you’re willing to make the most of it and fully commit yourself to enjoying your time you will find the right college for you or make it the right college for you.

What would you be reincarnated as?

I think because I love people so much I would be reincarnated as a puppy just so I could hang out and be happy with people. Or be reincarnated as another person so I can hang out and love people all over again.

You must be logged in to post a comment.