Jessie Ralph ’16

Hometown: Manhattan Beach, CA

High School: 

Major/Minor: Environmental Studies Major with a focus in Economics, Spanish Minor

E-mail: jcralph@middlebury.edu

Activities: Tour Guide Coordinator (and tour guide), MiddBuddies, EatReal, Piano Lessons

What is your favorite non-academic activity?

MiddBuddies

What is the number one thing on your Middlebury Bucket List?

I want to run the entire TAM before I graduate.

Where is the best view on campus?

The view from the BiHall windows in either the great hall or the wing facing the organic garden.

What is your quest?

Still trying to figure that out.

Where is your favorite place to hang out with friends?

At home, definitely the beach but at school, any of the coffee shops and cafes on campus or in town such as Carol’s, Crossroads, or Middlebury Chocolates.

What do you struggle with?

Depends on what day it is.

Why college? Why Middlebury?

Why college? I mean what could be better than 4 years where your primary responsibilities include learning about things you are passionate about, learning about yourself, and meeting awesome new people. Middlebury not only provides an unbelievably beautiful setting that allows students to take advantage of all college has to offer but also has a great sense of community and a campus full of unique and talented individuals. There are a seemingly endless number of possibilities and opportunities both on and off campus. I may be biased, but I think it’s a pretty special place to go to school and if I was reincarnated as myself (see #9) I would definitely make the decision to attend Middlebury again.

One piece of advice you would give prospective students in the admissions process?

Be open minded. You don’t need to have a concrete idea about what you want to major in or what you want to do until after you’ve started college. You never know what you might find out about yourself and what you want to study until you’ve tried a bunch of different things once you’ve started college.

What would you be reincarnated as in your next life?

If it were possible, I would be reincarnated as myself but with the knowledge that I have now, if not, then I’d be reincarnated as Daenerys Targaryen because she’s awesome.

You must be logged in to post a comment.