Daria Cenedella ’18

10841978_10203304142078213_39426701113006899_o

Hometown: Hopkinton, MA

High School: Worcester Academy

Major/Minor: Chinese

E-mail: dcenedella@middlebury.edu

Activities: Crew, Mountain Club, Generation Action, Student Government Association, First Year Counselor

What is your favorite non-academic activity?

What kind of MiddKid would I be if I didn’t say skiing? Also hiking.

What is the number one thing on your Middlebury Bucket List?

Running the Maple Run all 4 years.

Where is the best view on campus?

Easy!  5th or 6th floor of BiHall on the western side. There are spaces to study with huge windows overlooking the Adirondacks, a cow farm, and MCOF (the Organic Farm). This is the best view of the sunset, too.

What is your quest?

To know how to do a little bit of everything, even poorly.

Where is your favorite place to hang out with friends?

Crossroads Café. Or my hallway.

What do you struggle with?

Self-discipline in studying over having fun. It’s a delicate balance, and there’s something different that works for everyone, but I can be especially tempted into driving to Chipotle or going to an a capella concert when I should probably be reading. My friends are really good about reminding me of my priorities, though.

Why college? Why Middlebury?

Because there are so many amazing opportunities every single day in college, whether that’s visiting a new place or learning a subject you’d never be exposed to otherwise. For me, Middlebury presented so many of these opportunities that I knew I could never be tired of it. The area is gorgeous, for one thing, but it’s also a really nice community that presents an excellent environment in which to learn. Students here have the right mindset when it comes to being committed, but not so committed that they forget to have fun and do other things that they love too.

One piece of advice you would give prospective students in the admissions process?

Do seize the opportunity to visit campus if possible. Talk to a real student who shares your interests and find out how they express that at their school. Being able to put yourself in their shoes and really envision yourself in that place is an awesome feeling, and helps you narrow down where that might or might not be possible for you.

You must be logged in to post a comment.