Jessie Ralph ’16

Jessie RalphHometown: Manhattan Beach, CA

Major/Minor: Environmental Studies with a focus in Economics

Email: Jcralph@middlebury.edu

On-campus Activities: TGC (Tour Guide Coordinator), SGA Environmental Affairs Committee, Midd Buddies

Commons: Ross

Why did you choose Middlebury?

I came from a really small high school and I knew that I wanted a school on the smaller side. When I came to Middlebury for the first time I couldn’t believe how beautiful and large the campus was for such a small school and I immediately fell in love with the architecture and the community feeling on campus. I knew then that it was the place I wanted to go to college!

Did you study abroad? Or are you planning to go abroad?

I will be studying abroad in the spring in Córdoba, Spain!

Favorite study spot on campus?

I really like working in Crossroads because I don’t have to leave the building to get a coffee or snack and I can also be social if I want.

Favorite class or professor at Middlebury (or both)?

My favorite class was my Environmental History class with Professor Morse first semester freshman year.

Your biggest challenge adjusting to Middlebury?

Coming from California, my biggest adjustment was definitely the weather (and learning to walk on ice without falling).

Best Proctor Dining Hall creation?

Toast or english muffin with peanut butter and chocolate chips in the panini maker.

Advice for a prospective student?

Don’t overextend yourself when it comes to extracurriculars. There is so much to choose from, but if you do too much you won’t enjoy any of the activities that you are doing because you’ll be too busy!