Welcome

Welcome to the spring 2013 Sight and Sound I wordpress site.  The go link for this site is go/ss1.  This is where you will embed your finished video assignments so we can view them in class.  Anyone currently registered for the class has been added as an editor to the site which will allow you to “Add New” posts once you have logged in using your Middlebury username and password.  You should create a new post for each assignment that you submit to the Sight and Sound I site.

Below is a sample video that has been embedded into this post:

[vimeo 52385029]

To embed a vimeo video within a post use the embed code below within the body of your post:

VimeoIDwBrackets

Where “ID” is the unique string of numbers that appears at the end of the url when you are on your video’s page in Vimeo.  In the example below the ID is 52385029. (click on the image to view the full size image)

VimeoID

Some browsers (Safari especially) won’t allow you to copy and paste directly from the browser so you may need to type the string of numbers in manually if it doesn’t embed the first time.

In order to keep things organized I’m asking everyone to add a “category” with their name to the post.  As you can see in this post I have added my name as a category in the dashboard.  This will allow us to easily navigate the site instead of scrolling through many posts at the end of the semester.

WordpressCategory

-Ethan

One thought on “Welcome