Meeting 1: Caribbean Society – Money for Spring
- Caribbean society needs more money to throw a better party in a bigger venue. Paint party moves from lofo to Tavern, therefore more tarps are needed.
- DJ, facilities(charges an arm and a leg) in 1,200 paint party .
- Scott notes that we need to think more before we allocate more money to retroacteively fix over spending..
- Only has about $500 left in budget.
- Voted 7-0 to grant $1,450 to PCSO.
Meeting 2: Otter Nonseense – Chicago Trip
- Need money to go to Chicago.
- Eight members going to Chicago
- $4,904 for airfare ($611 per person)
- Adjusted down to $2,306 if flying out of Manchester.
- $481.24 for total hotels
- $160 for public transit
- $5,545 total
- We’re likely to give a per person figure
- $334 per person if they fly out of Manchester in addition to gas reimbursement
- Voted 7-0 to grant otter nonsense $1600 ($200 per person).
Meeting 3: MiddCheer-Problem with Facilities?
- Facilites built a storage unit wrong?
- Originally the storage unit was supposed to be built last year.
- Facilites messed up padlocks.
- Scott wishes to address difficulties of passing on the group.
- The group seems to do very little.
- No one on the group has dedication and time to cheer at sports meets.
- Two or three under classmen and five seniors.
- No action needed as covered by spring allocation.
Meeting 4: Fencing-Money for new equipment
- New members, so they need new equipment.
- Sent 15 to UVM, and were able to borrow equipment.
- Can fencing members bring their own equipment?
- Suggested that fencing have a fee.
- Voted 6-1 to grant fencing $533.
Meeting 5: Women of Color-Spring 2012 budget
- Have asked other sources for money.
- All four clubs attending Black Solidarity Conference will make collective presentation for a conference. This funding is exempt from voting.
- Women’s history month dinner is more fancy.
- Black solidarity tabled.
- Voted 7-0 to grant $350