MCWRC encourages all interested students to give rugby a try! No experience is necessary and most players have never played rugby before Middlebury. MCWRC gives you the opportunity to be a part of the team, try something completely different, and have a lot of fun.
In order to participate in rugby practices or games, all students must complete a series of forms for the Sports Medicine department. Players have until the third Monday of classes to get clearance to play. If you are considering joining the team, completing these steps does not commit you to playing rugby, but gives you the option. If you have any questions, please email our captain, Ella Rohm-Ensing, at email@example.com.
- First send your full name, preferred name, class year, Middlebury email, Middlebury ID number and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students are required to have an entrance physical conducted by a physician using the College’s Physical Form. Additionally, rugby players must complete the Athletic Supplement Form. These two forms must be completed prior to starting rugby but must not be completed more than 6 months in advance of starting rugby. Link: http://www.middlebury.edu/studentlife/services/health/healthtopicsa-z/forms/athletes
- Rugby players need to fill out the Covenant not to Sue Form. This Form should be returned to the Health Center. If you are under the age of 18 upon entering Middlebury, you must have this form signed by a Parent or Guardian. Link: https://herc2.middlebury.edu/sportsmed/generalreleaseform.pdf
- Rugby players must also return the Sickle Cell Waiver. If you are under the age of 18 upon entering Middlebury, you must have this form signed by a Parent or Guardian. Link: http://www.middlebury.edu/system/files/media/sickle_cell_waiver_form_0.pdf
- All students must register for their account with the College’s online student health portal. You will find additional health forms on this portal that will be submitted electronically. It also serves as a way to track your health records while at Middlebury. To register, follow the directions on the portal home page. Link: http://midb.studenthealthportal.com/PyramedPortal
- Rugby players are required to complete a Head Impact (Concussion) Baseline Test. This test is administered by a member of the training staff within Sports Med in the Athletic Center. To complete this test, you must set up an appointment with Sports Med. You can call at: 802-443-2315 or visit in person to set up your appointment.
- In order to participate in a club sport, you must fill out a Student Activities Release Form. Bring the completed form to your first practice. Link: http://www.middlebury.edu/media/view/272323/original/club_sports_release_form.pdf