Whether you’ve played rugby for years or if you have never even picked up a rugby ball The Middlebury College Men’s Rugby Club (The MCRC) would like to invite you to join us in the world’s premier contact sport! Having had strong success in Division II (National Champions 2007 and 2009, runners up 2011), The MCRC moved up to Division I-AA Collegiate Rugby in the fall of 2011 where we are founding members of the East Coast Rugby Conference (ECRC). We enjoyed a tremendously successful 2012-2013 season, winning the ECRC and participating in two National Championship events (7′s & 15′s.) Nevertheless this club is about more than trophies and accolades: its a brotherhood that will last you a lifetime!
Here is all the info you will need to get started:
Club Meeting (all new and former players must attend):
- Every Monday @ 4:30 PM in KENYON LOUNGE (First meeting is Monday, September 9)
Health Forms & Sports Medicine Clearance (Deadline: Sept 23 @ noon)
BEFORE you can practice you MUST receive clearance from Sports Medicine. The deadline is noon Sept 23 – please take care of this ASAP to avoid issues. You must have submitted the appropriate forms by 9/23 or you will not be allowed to play rugby this semester.
Here is the clearance procedure info:
Impact (Concussion) Test
Any student that has not taken an impact test at Middlebury, must schedule an appointment with sports med to complete a baseline IMPACT test. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call x5636 between 10am – 2pm.
Fall Practice Schedule:
- Monday – 4:30 pm Club meeting in Kenyon Lounge followed by practice till 6:30 pm
- Tues, Wed & Thurs – 4:30 pm – 6:30pm Practice @ the Rugby Field
- Fri – Captains’ Practice; Gym session
- Sat – Game day!
- Sun – Pool recovery session
Check out our game schedule under the Schedule-Results tab at the top of the screen.
For practice please make sure you have the following gear:
- Mouthguards (available at the bookstore, 4th ‘n’ goal, Olympia Sports)
- Non-marking running shoes (in case we have to go in-doors due to weather)
- Rugby or soccer cleats (you can wear football cleats or running shoes until you have an opportunity to get appropriate cleats)
- Rugby jersey (t-shirt okay until you have an opportunity to get a rugby jersey)
- Rugby shorts (other sports shorts okay until you have an opportunity to get rugby shorts)
Rugby Field location: Beyond South East end of Peterson Family Athletics Complex on South Main St. (Route 30 South)
USA Rugby Registration: Once you have decided that you are sticking with rugby you need to register with USA Rugby (the governing body for collegiate rugby in the US). Registration is required to play in matches: https://membership.usarugby.org/default.aspx
Please email email@example.com with any questions and to let us know you are interested in rugby so that we can add you to our email list and roster.