No experience required! Whether you’ve played rugby for years or if you have never even picked up a rugby ball The Middlebury College Men’s Rugby Club (The MCRC) would like to welcome you to the world’s premier contact sport! Now competing in Division I-AA, The MCRC is one of the strongest rugby programs in the USA, having won the Division II National Championship in 2007 and 2009, and narrowly missing a third title in 2011 with a 2nd place finish. Nevertheless this club is about more than trophies: its a brotherhood that will last you a lifetime!
Here is all the info you will need to get started – if you have any futher questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org :
1st Team Meeting: Wednesday, February 15 @ 4:30 PM in Lawson Lounge
Health Forms & Sports Medicine Clearance–
Before you can practice you must receive clearance from Sports Medicine. You must have submitted the appropriate forms by 2/27 or you will not be allowed to play rugby this semester.
Here is the clearance procedure info (make sure you note Men’s Rugby as your sport when you fill out the health form): http://www.middlebury.edu/athletics/sportsmed/fyr
Spring Practice Schedule (if indoors):
See new practice schedule (posted above)
Games will begin on 4/7 and be every weekend through 5/12. We are still finalizing our schedule.
For practice please make sure you have the following gear:
- Mouthguards (available at the bookstore, 4th ‘n’ goal, Olympia Sports)
- If indoor practice: Non-marking running shoes
- If outdoor practice: Rugby or soccer cleats preferred (you can wear football cleats or running shoes until you have an opportunity to get appropriate cleats)
- Rugby jersey (t-shirt okay until you have an opportunity to get a rugby jersey)
- Rugby shorts (other sports shorts okay until you have an opportunity to get rugby shorts)