No experience required! Whether you’ve played rugby for years or if you have never even picked up a rugby ball The Middlebury College Men’s Rugby Club (The MCRC) would like to welcome you to the world’s premier contact sport! The MCRC is one of the strongest rugby programs in US Collegiate Div II Rugby, having won the national championship in 2007 and 2009. Nevertheless this club is about more than trophies: its a brotherhood that will last you a lifetime!
Here is all the info you will need to get started–if you have any futher questions contact email@example.com :
1st Team Meeting: Wednesday, February 9 @ 6 PM in Lawson Lounge
Health Forms & Sports Medicine Clearance–DEADLINE is midnight Feb 24 – please take care of this ASAP to avoid issues
Before you can practice you must receive clearance from Sports Medicine. You must have submitted the appropriate forms by 9/14 or you will not be allowed to play rugby this semester.
Here is the clearance procedure info: http://www.middlebury.edu/athletics/sportsmed/fyr
Spring Practice Schedule (indoors until weather improves):
Monday: 9 PM in Nelson
Wednesday: 6 AM in the Bubble
Friday (2/18; 3/11; 3/18): 6 AM in the Bubble
Saturday (2/26; 3/5): 4:30 PM in Nelson
Schedule will change once the weather allows us to get outside (tentatively after 3/18)
Check out our game schedule under the Schedule-Results tab at the top of the screen.
For practice please make sure you have the following gear:
- Mouthguards (available at the bookstore, 4th ‘n’ goal, Olympia Sports)
- If indoor practice: Non-marking running shoes
- If outdoor practice: Rugby or soccer cleats preferred (you can wear football cleats or running shoes until you have an opportunity to get appropriate cleats)
- Rugby jersey preferred (t-shirt okay until you have an opportunity to get a rugby jersey)
- Rugby shorts preferred (other sports shorts okay until you have an opportunity to get rugby shorts)