Feed on
Posts
Comments

The MCRC is going to California for the Division II National Championship final four!!

We overcame a talented USF team 32 – 17 – again the scoreline makes this very close game look a lot easier than it was.  The halftime score was 12 – 3 to Middlebury and soon after the half USF cut the lead down to two points with a converted try, our defense falling asleep in their own 22 and the USF winger taking full advantage.  Credit to USF: the most dynamic team we have faced all year.

Great kicking from Ari Silverman ’09 (12 points total) kept our lead and flyhalf Nick Fager put the final nail in the coffin with a 50 yard dash with 3 minutes left in the game and USF threatening.

On May 1st we will play Georgetown in Palo Alto, CA.  Funnily enough a former Middlebury rugger (Sahir Iqbal ’08) is an assistant coach at Georgetown.

Thank you all for your support and look out for more info from the game soon.

3 Responses to “The MCRC 32 – USF 17: We are Going to California!”

1. Craig Wilson says:

I was very pleased to hear the outcome of this past weekend. Way to go Middlebury. I received a gmail from Craigo and he followed the game while on holiday in Melbourne. Good luck and bring home the championship. You guys deserve it

2. James Manyuru says:

Well done gents. Congratulations on the successful season but keep your eyes on the prize. Best of luck.
    1-2-3 MCRC!

3. Sal Versaggi says:

Gentlemen of Middlebury,
    My name is Salvatore Versaggi, I am the Captain of USFRFC. I just wanted to say playing you guys was great, It was a tough match. Your team displayed tremendous heart and discipline. I hope to see you guys next year.

Best of luck

Sal Versaggi
    USFRFC, Captain