RESEARCH FELLOW, STANFORD LAW SCHOOL (Fixed term positions)
* multi-job posting
Commitment – Full-time, starting Summer 2010, for one year each (with potential for additional year)
Assist with the research of Professors Alison Morantz, Daniel Ho, Daniel Kessler, and Jeff Strnad at Stanford Law School. All positions involve assessment of existing empirical work, statistical analyses of large data sets, programming, basic research and data collection, and report writing. These positions are ideal for recent college/university graduates and provide an excellent opportunity for those considering law school, graduate school, and/or business school in the future. Prior research fellows have matriculated to law school at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and Columbia and/or Ph.D. programs at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and MIT. Several positions are available.
· Outstanding academic credentials and intellectual ability required.
· A background in a social science or a mathematical field and interest in law and public policy.
· Experience with quantitative data analysis, statistics, and/or econometrics, and proficiency with commonly used statistical/numerical analysis packages.
· Computer programming experience in R, MatLab, STATA, C, C++, Python or Java required.
· Solid quantitative aptitude, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, strong writing abilities, and the ability to work independently.
· Prior research experience preferred.
How to Apply
Applications are due no later than 5PM PST on Monday, March 15, 2010. There are (2) steps to applying:
(1) Send a resume, cover letter (addressed to “Research Fellows”), unofficial transcript, and a list of at least 2 references (including e-mail and phone numbers of professors or employers) by e-mail to: Stanford.Law.Fellows@gmail.com <mailto:Stanford.Law.Fellows@gmail.com> . Standardized test scores (e.g. GRE, LSAT, GMAT) will be considered, but are not required to apply.
(2) Submit your resume online via the Stanford jobs website http://jobs.stanford.edu/find_a_job.html <http://jobs.stanford.edu/find_a_job.html> – enter the job number 36164 in the keyword search field to locate this job posting and apply.