From Gotham to ChiTown: Part 4

As compiled by Barbara Ofosu-Somuah (NYMP11)

When I first heard about Middlebury adding an additional Posse, I wasn’t really sure what to make of it. Mostly because I am not sure where Posse stands currently and what it really means to the students at Middlebury. There are definitely misconceptions about [the Posse Foundation and] what a Posse is on the Middlebury campus. This is evident when I read the comments in the school newspaper about Posse and [sometimes] I cannot help but feel offended. I am not sure many people understand clearly what Posse really is and having another group [here on campus] might contribute to that misunderstanding but it might also be a way to get more people to understand the nature of what Posse is and what the Posse Foundation strives for. However, regardless of what people may think, I believe that the presence of Posse scholars here on campus has definitely contributed to the diversity of the Middlebury campus. That being said, I stand behind the idea of having another Posse and see it as a step to diversify and create more social awareness [of urban high school leaders] within the student body.
Lili Miao (NYMP12)