Feed on
Posts
Comments

I want to take this opportunity to warmly welcome new and returning students to campus as I prepare to finish up my last semester at Middlebury to take on a new role as executive vice chancellor for strategic initiatives and executive vice provost at Rutgers University – Newark in January. Over the years, I have been heartened by the many connections and conversations I’ve had with Middlebury students, in person and through this blog. You have really kept me on my toes. Middlebury students are thoughtful, talented, and hard-working leaders from around the globe, and the Class of 2018 is not any different. As I stated during the Voices of the Class MiddView Orientation kick off, our community grows in richness and “flavor” with each new class of students and every new staff and faculty member. We couldn’t be happier to have you on campus.

When I started posting to One Dean’s View in the fall of 2010, I talked about wanting the blog to be a place that fosters “conversations about interesting and challenging topics related to student life and to being fully committed members of the Middlebury community.” One Dean’s View became that place for many, with readers and dozens of contributors sharing their thoughtful and provocative voices.

This is my last post, as we place One Dean’s View on hiatus. In the same spirit Tim Spears passed the ODV torch to me, it is my hope that the blog torch will be picked up by the next dean of the College. I’d like to thank you for being such devoted readers and contributors.

Until my departure from Middlebury in early January, you can still come visit me during my open office hours. You should also know that the Office of the Dean of Students, your Commons offices, Student Activities, Parton Center for Health and Wellness, and other Student Life staff are always open to support you and to hear about your ideas, achievements, and proud moments, as well as your challenges.

It has been an honor to serve Middlebury in this critical leadership role. I will hold this place in my heart and work for a lifetime.

Warmly,
Shirley

68 Responses to “Grateful for Our Conversations”

1. Bandar66Online says:

very good, and I really like your article, and deeply inspired me I want to give other information with this website
    Bandar 66 Online

2. agario private server says:

We have just opened agarprivateservers.org agario server.
    agario private server

3. Jagdish Kumar says:

tHANKS FOR SHARING THIS ARTICLE ON YOUR BLOG.
    Love status for whatsapp

4. film izle says:

kaliteli filmler izlemek artık çok zor reklamsız film izlemek için : film izle adresini ziyaret edebilirsiniz.

5. Ratu30 says:

very Nice , and I really like your article, and deeply inspired me I want to give other information with this website
    Ratu30

6. Ratu30 says:

very Nice and I really like your article, and deeply inspired me I want to give other information with this website

Ratu30

7. Microsquads says:

I really like your article. These kind of article make us happy. Thank you. Visit: http://microsquads.com/support-for-apple/

8. fancy text says:

Има фантастични текстови сайтове, които можете да използвате, за да създавате псевдоними на agario.

fancy text

9. michel johson says:

We offer best technical support services through toll free HP Support Number 1-888-614-1214 for HP users sitting in any location of the world.

Website link:- http://www.hpprintertechsupportnumber.com/

10. Play Agario says:

Hello from the other side (other side)
    I must have called a thousand times (thousand times)
    To tell you I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done
    But when I call you never seem to be home

play agario

11. Abas Etop says:

very Nice , and I really like your article, and deeply inspired me I want to give other information with this website Abtechblog: Best Tech and Blogging platform in Nigeria

12. tonton86 says:

Tonton86

13. Cara Manual says:

I hope you guys can come back to share with us here. Cara Artikel Cepat Terindex. I thank you for this.

14. Streaming Movie Indonesia says:

Streaming Film Sub Indo Online

15. Smooth says:

connect2 is one of the best file sharing application for your PC, which is used here to transfer all your files and data instantly from your PC to our mobile device and vice-versa.

16. jasmine says:

Wow – what an effort! I just imagine how much time you put this, it’s awesome blog post and I super enjoyed reading it. https://familysexgames.com/

17. Daniel says:

One of the best article to read. Please post this type of article regularly and if anyone would like to read this type of article then please visit this link.: Article.

18. Jagdish Kumar says:

Good to see your new this article that you have shared
    Car Accident Personal Injury Claim