Comments

I want to take this opportunity to warmly welcome new and returning students to campus as I prepare to finish up my last semester at Middlebury to take on a new role as executive vice chancellor for strategic initiatives and executive vice provost at Rutgers University – Newark in January. Over the years, I have been heartened by the many connections and conversations I’ve had with Middlebury students, in person and through this blog. You have really kept me on my toes. Middlebury students are thoughtful, talented, and hard-working leaders from around the globe, and the Class of 2018 is not any different. As I stated during the Voices of the Class MiddView Orientation kick off, our community grows in richness and “flavor” with each new class of students and every new staff and faculty member. We couldn’t be happier to have you on campus.

When I started posting to One Dean’s View in the fall of 2010, I talked about wanting the blog to be a place that fosters “conversations about interesting and challenging topics related to student life and to being fully committed members of the Middlebury community.” One Dean’s View became that place for many, with readers and dozens of contributors sharing their thoughtful and provocative voices.

This is my last post, as we place One Dean’s View on hiatus. In the same spirit Tim Spears passed the ODV torch to me, it is my hope that the blog torch will be picked up by the next dean of the College. I’d like to thank you for being such devoted readers and contributors.

Until my departure from Middlebury in early January, you can still come visit me during my open office hours. You should also know that the Office of the Dean of Students, your Commons offices, Student Activities, Parton Center for Health and Wellness, and other Student Life staff are always open to support you and to hear about your ideas, achievements, and proud moments, as well as your challenges.

It has been an honor to serve Middlebury in this critical leadership role. I will hold this place in my heart and work for a lifetime.

Warmly,
Shirley

123 Responses to “Grateful for Our Conversations”

1. 123boxmovies says:

123boxmovies.com/movie/john-wick-chapter-3-parabellum-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/aladdin-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/x-men-dark-phoenix-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/men-in-black-international-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/shaft-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/toy-story-4-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/spider-man-far-from-home-2019.html
    123boxmovies.com/movie/the-lion-king-2019.html

2. Fahi says:

Jika anda sempat lakukan penelusuran web di Google, Yahoo!, Bing, atau mesin perayap yang lain, anda akan lihat daftar web yang berkaitan dengan penelusuran anda.

Mesin perayap mengurutkan hasil penelusuran itu bukan dengan acak, tapi berdasar pada tingkat kaitan serta kualitas web.

Terdapat beberapa unsur yang dipakai oleh mesin perayap untuk memastikan ke-2 unsur itu. Berikut yang melatarbelakangi SEO.

SEO atau Search Engine Optimization ialah usaha-usaha optimasi web untuk mesin perayap supaya memperoleh rangking yang lebih baik pada hasil penelusuran.

Mesin perayap memakai algoritma tersendiri untuk mengurutkan situs-situs berdasar pada ranking.

Dengan mempraktikkan SEO, bermakna kita sesuaikan web kita supaya berteman dengan algoritma itu.

3. huluk says:

SEO mempunyai tujuan untuk tempatkan satu situs pada tempat paling atas pada suatu mesin
    perayap berdasar pada keyword tersendiri. Dengan begitu jika satu situs atau website ada tempat
    paling atas dalam hasil penelusuran karena itu mempunyai kesempatan yang besar untuk dikunjungi pengunjung..
    Dengan mempraktikkan Check this bikin toko online murah,
    bermakna kita sesuaikan web kita supaya berteman dengan algoritma itu.

4. jiuo says:

Hey guys, kenalin kami pabrik order polo shirts, bisa membuat kaos, polo shirt, dan kemeja dph pdl jogja

5. maryrosie says:

It’s great that Middlebury has a leader who is you, good things! wuxiaworld

6. Matikiri says:

pokemon Kpop

7. Iulian Arion says:

Great article!
    Fotograf nuntă Ploiești

8. Fransisca says:

Nice article, thanks for the information
    Info Game Terbaru

9. Asuransi Perjalanan Allianz says:

Artikel yang bagus sekali. Asuransi Perjalanan Allianz

10. Juoil says:

artikelnya sudah bagus sablon kaos jogja konveksi harga murah dan termurah di jogja. Waktu pengerjaan juga hanya 7 hari saja. Klik segera link diatas…

11. biber kesh says:

iskenderun escortbayanlar ile sitemiz üzerinden görüşme sağlayabilir, kendileri iletişime geçebilirsiniz

12. YKS says:

thank you for sharing, good blog post

13. تحميل برامج مجانية says:

There is no such genre as https://sudan5.blogst.com

14. deniz mercan says:

Kızlar çok güvende ve onları ve sizi koruyan kurumlar için çalışıyorlar. Diyarbakır’da düşük ücret alan bazı bağımsız eskortlarla tanışabilirsiniz ve onlarla randevu almanızı kolaylaştırır. Bu kızlar şehirdeki yollarını biliyorlar ve ajansları veya bu işi yapmak için aldıkları sertifikalar ile güvende olmaları garanti ediliyor. Eskortlar Diyarbakır’da yaygındır ve bu kızlar güvende olmalarına yardımcı olacak bir şey yapmalıdır. Diyarbakır Escort Bayanları ile tanışmalısınız…

15. Rokeya Begum says:

That has been my experience as well; after every minor water infiltration into my house from a bad storm or fender bender to my parked car I have to read my policy to figure out what is or is not covered. The advantage of being an insurance litigator in my own life is not so much that I can make a better argument about coverage than anyone else, as that I can speak to adjusters with an air of polite confidence when I know that they are wrong about coverage.