Feed on
Posts
Comments

It’s that time of year, when the darkness descends and the days seem to retreat into a long dusk.  Add to that the “List of Things To Get Done”—before finals, before the College closes for break, before the holidays, and it can lead me into a frazzled, dazed state.

What lifts me up is knowing that decent, human warmth exists in many hearts, in many places. Random acts of kindness, it seems, aren’t really random; they are commonplace. Generosity and joy are all around us—but we often don’t notice because we are overwhelmed and preoccupied with our own busy lives.

And that is the key (something I try to remember to do): to look purposefully for these things, to notice and celebrate them—to give them more weight than the darkness and our daily obligations.

Each time I find kindness, generosity, selflessness, love, gentleness, openness, wisdom (add your own adjective here), it feels as if a candle has been lit in the night. If I find enough of them, they propel me forward and inspire me to focus on what really matters—human connection.

I’d like to wish everyone well in completing those end-of-the-year lists and all of the other matters vying for attention. May your travels to home, family, and friends be safe and restorative.

Have a wonderful winter break, and I look forward to seeing you in the light of the New Year.

11 Responses to “Light of the New Year”

1. aron aziz says:

Resources like this are highly appreciable and are much needed for better learning,Thanks alot for sharing and guiding us
    Bust Up Express

2. thauerbyi says:

Highly appreciate your input!

http://axtschmiede.com/

3. radu says:

The most beautiful Christmas ad. Tells the story of a single father whose children live far away in the world. They are busy with their work and their own family, and they are forced to cancel their Christmas home at the last minute. When they find out that their father has died, they all hurry to get home …

4. nikomiya says:

azine examines hundreds of electronic cigarette products every year and publishes in-depth reviews so sex viet that individuals looking to rid themselves of nasty cigarettes and the diseases they cause, can find the right device for them. Electronic cigarettes are called box mods, mods, cig-alikes, and more

5. Play Agario says:

Just an English comment passing by!!!

play agario

6. vape says:

Hello, I agree with what you said about the necessity of researching toward public good which I think Vaping Supplies gets forgotten quite often. It’s so easy to get over-focused on a topic and forget about the larger picture

7. agario says:

Enrique Iglesias is a Spanish singer known for several hit songs, including ‘Bailamos,’ ‘Rhythm Divine,’ ‘Be With You,’ ‘Escape’ and ‘Hero.’ He is the son of Spanish singer Julio Iglesias.

agario

8. Drake E says:

I remember finals week 20 years ago….oh joy!

Drake @ Tankless Water Heaters Anderson

9. Rodolfo says:

A man can never forget this kind of events Video production San francisco and good morning with beautiful weather present an enjoyable life. Happy new year

10. Android app says:

play store free download for mobile samsung you enable the feature, you have to tap the Install button on your device the app will get installed on your device as soon as possible.

11. agario private server says:

preoccupied with our own busy lives.

agario private server