Feed on
Posts
Comments

51 Main Opens

The downtown venue once occupied by Eat Good Food is set to open as a bar/lounge, with the rest of the program to roll out more gradually.

On Friday, April 25, we’re holding an open house from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. for community members to preview the space and share ideas. Light refreshments (coffee, juice, and cookies) will be served.

The next weekend, we will begin a series of “soft openings,” listed below:

• Friday, May 2: 6:00-10:00 p.m.: musical performance starting at 7:00; beer, wine and food available.
  • Saturday, May 10: 5:00-1:00 a.m.: full service, with live music
  • Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, May 15-17: regular service.

51 Main is located next to the bridge on Main Street, just down from the Alpine Shop. All are welcome!

No Responses to “51 Main Opens”

1. Ryan Kellett says:

Got any pictures, Tim? Can’t visit good ol’ 51 Main until next fall… What are the plans for the summer?

2. Tim Spears says:

I will try to upload some photos later this week, Ryan, though I can’t make any guarantees since pics on this site will be a first-time thing for me (and I don’t know if I have the technical chops to do it).

As for this summer, we are hoping that 51 Main will be an important venue for the language schools. Can you picture the place being given to the Germans one night, and the Italians the next, with the townspeople who speak the language invited to attend?!

I hope all is well with you, and that you’ve enjoyed your time in China.