Feed on
Posts
Comments

Earlier this year I wrote about how students organizations could raise funds by connecting with their alumni base (see “Pumping Up the Volume on Student Orgs” below) and soliciting donations. Well, I am happy to say that the sailing club is now moving forward with their “Rock the Boat” campaign and, as the CAMPUS reports in its 2/21 issue (“Sailing Charts New Fundraising Course”), it has already raised close to $30K. But the story doesn’t end here. As Sailing Club Commondore Chandler Koglmeier ’09 noted in a recent email, the club’s efforts have been picked up by the Chronicle of Higher Education in a online post, entitled “All Hands on Deck at Middlebury College.” Chandler sees all this as a great example of how online/offline communication can work together—in this case to strengthen student life on campus.

So if I can be permitted yet another nautical metaphor (or two) . . . I’d like to encourage other student orgs to trim their sails, find their sea legs, and prepare to come about—and follow the sailing club’s example.

Needless to say, I am not a sailor.

4 Responses to “Avast! Backtrack on Student Fundraising”

1. Glover says:

My kids goes to a charter school and they have booked a fieldtrip to California. (We live in Colorado) Inappropriately, we are a little revenue family and there is no way for us to wage for the journey. I was speculating if there is a fundraiser for a family to do that we can get the money to send my child on this very educational journey. He is complete his graduation in online life experience degree accredited and now he have great job in a big firm.

2. dwad says:

nice

3. McGlothlin says:

Some students are not learning because of institutes very far, but his/her always thinking about high education programs for their future. Nestor University is always given a chance to all learners to take brilliant way to grow in education.