Feed on

If  you are a new international student and will be working on campus, you will need to apply for a social security number.  In order to apply for a social security number, you will first need to pick up an SSN Application packet from Human Resources or the Office of International Services.

As a part of the approval process, the Social Security Administration will need to verify your current non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 status.  It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks after your arrival in the U.S. to apply for the card.

For more information, the Social Security Administration has an international student page on its website.  For questions directly to OIS, please email: visas@miis.edu

Leave a Reply

Sites DOT MiddleburyThe Middlebury site network.