Peter Shaw’s TESOL students and the Office of Student Services will host a storytelling event for community children (ages 5-8) on Monday, April 9, from 10:15-noon.  The evnt includes with international folktales and interactive activities. Space for MIIS children are limited so contact Gail Lu to reserve a space for your child.

Download flyer.

3 thoughts on “MIIS Hosts International Storytelling Session for Kids

1. I’d love to get my daughter to come, but she’ll be in school at that time as will most 5 – 8 year olds, unless they are home schooled. Any chance of changing the date to one the kids can attend?
    Laura

2. Laura,

ESL will also be involved in another international storytelling event at the public library in the evening, so be on the lookout for that. I’ll update you when we have more information. 🙂

Patricia

3. My daughter, a 2nd grader at the International School of Monterey (ISM), and all of her classmates (a total of 40 kids) participated in this event, and I joined as a chaperon for the class field trip. This event was WONDERFUL!! It was very well organized with smooth transitions from story to story, with yammy snacks in the middle. The children were mesmerized with great international stories and their story tellers. It definitely gave a lasting impression on the children and also on the local community (as several parents accompanied as chaperons). The ISM would definitely like to see this happen next year, too! Thank you very much, Peter and his class!!

Naoko