The Monterey Institute is collaborating with Middlebury College colleagues to give web sites on both campuses a makeover.  You can read about the Middlebury project on their web makeover blog.  We hope to leverage Middlebury’s expertise to help us make innovative and cost-effective decisions about design, information architecture and delivery.

We’ve also assembled a team of volunteers to guide the planning process on our end. You can follow our progress here.  As a first step, we’re reaching out to everyone on campus for input. Help us build a site that reflects our commitment to excellence, innovation, and appreciation!

You can start by taking our brief survey.

In December and January, we’ll conduct a series of focus groups to further explore what we learn from the survey. To volunteer for a focus group, contact Lynn McDonald.

One thought on “MIIS.edu Redesign Project Launched

1. I think the new MIIS blog about what is going at MIIS is great!

I am wondering how we can make the MIIS website an ‘alive’ place. When people go there they find out what is happening at MIIS immediately, find out about the activities going on, what the people are up to, the professors, the students.

We have such amazing people doing great things, and w e are not putting it out there enough. I don’t want the people I first meet to ask me “what language do you teach” or oh it is a language school right? kind of questions any more – not that I am not appreciative of the language side of what we do. But I would like us to be known as a top notch professional international policy and management school, with a strong language component! One suggestion: can faculty have their own websites where they are asked to post whatever they are doing on a regular basis? Can a website be constructed for every faculty? Can what goes on the website be decentralized? But of course, somebody has to be the editor and make sure everything going on makes sense. The first focus group with Lynn McDonald was great.
    We need to act as our own advocates more. And what is going at MIIS should be up there and changed on a daily/weekly basis.The faculty doing consulting, going places, collaborating with students, all of it should be up there on a timely and continuing basis. This might require more investment in IT staff.

I am very excited about how far we have come already, and know that we can make all of this happen!

Nuket