November 26, 2013 | 1 Comment
Here is a trick to help you proofread better:
- Take a post-it or index card. Fold in half, and on the fold cut a rectangle 1 inch by 1/4 inch.
- Open up, and use this rectangle to help you proofread.
- Continuity keeps us from proofreading well. We know what should come next, so that is what we see, instead of what is really there.
- When you drag your post-it with the rectangle across your paper, you break continuity.
- Once you have broken continuity, you will see typos, missing words, etc. that you missed before.
Your readers will thank you!