SGA Meeting 10/10/10
- Transportation Update: Sizable amount of money in the transportation budget for this year
- Break buses to boston and new York.
- Wishes to expand busing to surrounding cities
- Ride Board- Back up and running ( go/sga).
- Fall Break buses are 80% sold, expect to sell out at end of week
- Thanksgiving/ Xmas buses are locked in for this year
- Break Busing to the airport on the two busiest days (all student survey required)
- Talking to four bus companies to get the best price w/ midd transit involved
o Make transportation funding available to commons councils?
o 30,000 dollars not used, 22-23,000 appropriated for this year
o Possible shuttles up to Montreal
o Sunday bus to Burlington via student request…in communication with ACTR at the current
- Oink Updates- Anne Runkel Oink Resolution is coming Homecoming Weekend’s Meeting
o Oink has been funded the past two years via SGA’s use of student activities fee dollars.
- 55% of students “Strongly Support” the withdrawal of student activities fee for (1/5 of student body responds to survey last year)
o Call for individual senators to poll constituents for positive or negative responses
o Emails in favor for pre orientation are favored
- Parton Health Center- Tony’s Update: Patients are referred to Fletcher Allen.
o No statistics are currently kept towards queer students- could possibly be used to provide evidence for the administration.
o Goal: To build infrastructure to queer/gender aid on campus
o Provide for more sensitivity training around campus.
- Joe Putko- New business- would like to see a social code in place
o People “borrowing” bikes, etc.
o Can tie this back into taking dishes from the dining halls and/or recent hatecrimes on campus
o Possible thought to reread/resign the honor code every summer via email/mailings.
- Tina: Possible ad campaign or event to discuss social cohesion on campus- outreach in light of recent news events of hatecrimes.
- Anne Runkel: Parties are really hard to set up(Even sub-free parties)
o Community council and ICH are looking into changing rules for registering parties this year.
o All FYC’s and RA’s are fire safety trained.
o Party House training is cumbersome, yet provides the most safe environments on campus.
- Anna Esten: AAL requirement discussion?
o Administration is asking for alternatives to AAL
o SGA resolution to back up other committees on campus in their efforts to change AAL