A Special Look at the Dalai Lama’s Return to Middlebury

When the 14th Dalai Lama visited campus for two days in October
, our digital media producer Brendan Mahoney ’11 was afforded special access to His Holiness. This insightful, touching video is the result.

Tags:

Leave a comment »

1. Thank you for making this wonderful of his holiness’ return to middlebury. I’m inspired and touched everytime His Holiness the Dalai Lama giving public talks and sharing his compassion to all…

2. Thank you for sharing this video with us! The Dalai Lama last visited when I was a student at Midd and it is so wonderful to see that so many years later he has once again reached out to inspire change. I was as touched to see the earnest faces in the audience as I was to hear his thoughts.

3. I am so proud to be attached to Middlebury as a Bread Loaf MA in 1968. And then my daughter went to Middlebury for her MA in French at the same age. Well-done for bringing the Dalai Lama to your campus. I only wish I could have been there but I presently live in Southern California, even as I continue to order my clothes from LLBean.

4. What an honor! Middlebury continues to be a shining star with many facets over many years.
    Dean Rusk, Sec of State, visited during many years ago. Middlebury is a “go to destination” for many national, artistic and world leaders. Proud to be part of the family!

5. When the Dalai Lama was at Middlebury in the early 1990s – I think it was my first year – I really didn’t understand what I was witnessing. It is inspiring to see the College maintaining this connection and to see the excitement and awe of those who were present – they clearly understand far more than I did when I was in their place.

6. I am so glad to see the Dalai Lama returning to Mid with his timeless message of tireless kindness and compassion everyday, all day, which he personifies so magnificently! It encourages me and so many to go and do likewise!
    Very much looking forward to returning to Mid in 2014 for our 50th reunion–can’t believe it’s been that long! It’s been such a delight for my wife and I to see the incredible progress Mid has made during all these years, which has been very much in keeping with the Dalai Lama’s message of practical, applied compassion on a world-wide scale for the benefit of all beings! Keep up the good work!

7. This video touched my heart and brought tears of joy to my eyes. We have the power to transform our planet and the Dalai Lama is shaping the lives of those that can make it happen.

8. i want to be part of this college!