Tell Us One Thing: Advice from the Class of ’12

Before leaving town for their next big adventure, a handful of relaxed and reflective graduating seniors took a moment to tell Middmag just what they thought all first years should know. From befriending hallmates and meeting Ron Liebowitz to the Proctor panini machine and swimming hole secrets, you might be surprised by their words of wisdom.

Tags:

Leave a comment »

1. I literally just found out about Middlebury College 20 minutes ago, and I do believe I have fallen in love with it. What an exciting, laid back, and friendly atmosphere! I hope I get accepted…

2. Hi. I literally found out my daughter was just accepted to Middlebury College today (although I’ve known for a few months it was her top two choices) I never really comprehended her choice as I always thought she would stay close to home. We live in Southern California. None of us have ever traveled for any great length of time east of Arizona. Vermont? BOY… is this going to be a culture shock! I know I know, it’s her life and this will be good for her and Middlebury was her top choice but I just can’t seem to get my mind wrapped around this yet. This is our first off to college and since I didn’t experience college

View More
    life myself, I have no idea what to expect. I just need to come to a realization that she all grown up and she will soon be a young lady… being pumped full of “REAL” life knowledge and unreal experience. I trust her ability to make wise choices…. and will far exceed my expectations. Speaking solely as her bewildered parent, I’m sure to take longer to adjust then her but I would like to know how other parents have fared. What were the mistakes made and what were lessons learned?

View Less