Bark Break

It’s hard not to smile in the presence of a puppy. And since it’s exam period here on campus, counseling center director Ximena Mejia thought dogs would be just the thing to help stressed-out students relax. So with the help of about six furry friends from an organization called Therapy Dogs of Vermont, Mejia and others gave a non-stop string of students an excuse to take a break this week in Coltrane Lounge. Much laughter ensued—with plenty of wet kisses shared—before the two-legged creatures slumped back to the library.

Tags: , ,

Leave a comment »

1. Good to see that fatigued stress that I sometimes hear in a phone call from my undergrad. It’s real but with the visual it looks like an important part of ‘work.’ Pet therapy is good idea. I even used to enjoy dogs chasing around outside the classrooms in the larger green areas.

2. Wish they had those while I was there! Glad to see that the students have a good de-stress outlet!

3. What an amazing idea! Dogs ask for and expect so little–food, shelter, attention. In return who greets loyally you everyday at the door when you come home with tail wagging so fast that it’s a blur–simply because it’s happy to see you? Dogs definitely can teach us a great deal about unconditional love.

4. This should be kept as yet another great exam-period tradition in the years to come. How lovely!!!

5. What a fabulous idea! I can’t imagine that everyone has a pet in the dorm. I imagine the pet is for the floor, or wing of the residence. Yes, I would have loved to have had my Russian Blue with me at uni. think she would have been bored waiting for me all day though. Yes, a mascot in each area, a fine idea!