The Professor Pundits

For political junkies, it doesn’t get much better than the horse race under way in the GOP primary. And what about President Obama’s prospects? Will he be able to energize his base amidst the many challenges he’s facing? To help us get a handle on what’s behind all this wrangling, we asked Middlebury political scientists Matt Dickinson and Bert Johnson to share their thoughts on the campaign so far. Here’s what they had to say:

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a comment »

1. These two are excellent, quite relaxed, well spoken and fun to watch. I’d watch more. Neutral, wide views and I’d be pleased to have my children in classes of either and both! I had an Alumni College class with Thierry….it would be fun to see him one of these days. Maybe even in French!

2. I hope these professors will provide another video highlighting the issues and values that may come into play in determining the Republican nomination and, later, in affecting the outcome of the November election. It would be very helpful to hear their views.

3. Yo Guys, over here, look at the camera (I know Charlie Rose uses the 3/4 close-up/table approach, but on his show they don’t look AT the table). And, while pinpoint vs. broadcloth may already seem like pushing the limits, would you really feel as if you were getting too close to generating Deansian primal scream heat by exploring the pink/yellow or or even striped outer limits of the Brooks Brothers spectrum? ;-)