Things That Happened, Things To Do: Week of September 12
As always, we hope to call your attention to items that captured ours and alert you to events that you won’t want to miss. If you have a news item that you think we’d be interested in, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Class of 2015 received their official welcome into the Middlebury community at Convocation on Sunday, September 11. While the day was somber with remembrance for many, President Liebowitz reminded the students of the many opportunities ahead.
- Professor of Anthropology David Stoll recently shared his insight with the New York Times in an article about documentary filmmaker Pamela Yates and her latest project on dictatorship and human-rights advocacy in Guatemala.
- Lend a hand in Middlebury’s ongoing efforts to help our neighbors statewide post-Irene. Find out how at an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 14, in McCullough from 6–7 p.m.
- The Solar Decathlon team made its move from Middlebury to Washington, D.C., with a complete house in tow. Literally.
- Off-Broadway comes to Middlebury September 15–17 as PTP/NYC presents two of this year’s offerings at the Mahaney Center for the Arts as part of its 25th anniversary tour.
- Get out and cheer on Saturday, September 17. The day offers a full schedule of home sports, including tennis, cross country, field hockey, men’s and women’s soccer, and rugby.