Things That Happened, Things To Do—Week of October 18
As always, we hope to call your attention to items that captured ours and alert you to events that you won’t want to miss. If you have a news item that you think we’d be interested in, drop us a line at email@example.com.
- Are SAT scores deal breakers in college admissions? Middlebury’s Bob Clagett tackles this question on the New York Times‘s higher ed blog The Choice.
- Did you miss journalist John Hockenberry when he came to campus? We have you covered. How about John Irving? We have you covered there, too.
- This Aunt Des person sure is getting a lot of attention. What is she up to?
- Ron Liebowitz wants to know: What are the pros and cons of promoting or marketing the College?
- Big plans are under way to honor Professor Murray Dry during Homecoming Weekend.
- If you’re in the area, you might want to head over to the Little City of Vergennes this weekend or next for a performance of the children’s classic The Wind in the Willows. The word on the street is that three folks from Middlebury’s Library and Information Services absolutely steal the show.