Things That Happened, Things To Do—Week of August 23
As always, we hope to call your attention to items that captured ours and alert you to events that you won’t want to miss. If you have a news item that you think we’d be interested in, drop us a line at email@example.com .
- Middlebury Magazine contributor Angela Evancie ’09 is spending the year as a Compton Mentor fellow and is working with North Country Public Radio, based in Canton, New York, on a storytelling project that illuminates environmentalism in the Champlain Valley.
- Speaking of North Country Public Radio, Sarah Harris ’11 recently completed an internship with the NPR affiliate, and her final piece was a delicious dispatch from the St. Lawrence County Fair. If Sarah’s name seems familiar, that might be because she was one of the Middlebury Fellows in Narrative Journalism in 2009.
- Nordic ski coach Andrew Gardner was recently profiled in the Burlington alt-weekly Seven Days. In addition to coaching the cross-country ski teams, Gardner is the College’s coordinator for athletic sustainability.
- The Class of 2014 arrives on campus next week. In anticipation of the new academic year, the MiddMag editorial staff will be fanning out across campus next week, bringing you vignettes from around the quad(s) as the College shifts from summer to fall mode. We’ll be filing new postings every day by 3 p.m. Keep an eye out for us.
- Where has this book been for 46 years? We’re going to fish around to see what we can find out. Stay tuned.