Things That Happened, Things To Do—Week of May 10
Each Tuesday, the editors at Dispatches offer a recap of things that happened last week and a look ahead at what’s going on this week on campus. We hope to point you toward links that you may not have seen, alert you to events that you won’t want to miss, and call your attention to items that captured ours.
- Six years after its doors first opened, the Middlebury library has a name: the Davis Family Library.
- Before the naming ceremony, Ryan Kellett ’10 had some fun trying to discern who the library was being named for.
- With the presidential nomination of Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, Political Science Professor Matt Dickinson asks whether she’ll be confirmed by the Senate.
- Burlington alt-weekly Seven Days gave a rave review of playwright Dana Yeaton’s new production: My Ohio. Yeaton is both a Midd alum (Class of ’79) and professor (theatre).
- Horticulturalist Tim Parsons believes he has located the most beautiful parking lot on the planet.
- It’s exam week, which means that students are studying hard—and getting creative with their study breaks.