Things That Happened, Things To Do—Week of 3/29
Each Monday, the editors at Dispatches offer a recap of things that happened over the weekend and a look ahead at what’s going on this week on campus. We hope to point you toward links that you may not have seen, alert you to events that you won’t want to miss, and call your attention to items that captured ours. Enjoy.
- Math professor Steve Abbott has won the 2010 Perkins Award for Excellence in Teaching. Presented annually to a faculty member in the fields of math or science, this year’s award honors Abbott’s commitment to exploring the intersection of math and the humanities.
- See, we told you spring was coming.
- Ever wonder how the folks in the library keep the College’s collections in such good shape? Ginny Faust should get a lion’s share of the credit.
- The varsity athletics team all headed to warmer locales during spring break. Www.gomidd.com has a complete wrap-up of how they did.
- Cassidy Boyd ’10 will be presenting her senior work in the play La Malasangre, which will be performed on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the Seeler Studio Theatre.
- The Phenomenal Handclap Band headlines this year’s Sepomana concert–the annual musical extravaganza sponsored by WRMC.