A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 48.9F, Clear - 8:28 AM EST Nov. 27Temperature: 48.9°F | Humidity: 84% | Pressure: 30.35in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 8.0mph
- Tonight as of Nov. 27 6:15 AM ESTTonight - Cloudy. Rain showers...mainly until midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming north after midnight. Chance of rain 90 percent.
- Today as of Nov. 27 6:15 AM ESTToday - Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers this afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
- Saturday as of Nov. 27 6:15 AM ESTSaturday - Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
- Current Conditions : 48.9F, Clear - 8:28 AM EST Nov. 27