Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 16.0F, Overcast - 6:07 AM EST Dec. 13Temperature: 16.0°F | Humidity: 81% | Pressure: 29.90in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Winter Storm Watch - Expires: 7:00 PM ESTWinter Storm Watch for Addison County in effect until 7:00 PM EST on December 15, 2013
- Friday as of Dec. 13 4:00 AM ESTFriday - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 21F with a windchill as low as -2F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
- Saturday as of Dec. 13 4:00 AM ESTSaturday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the morning, then overcast with a chance of snow. High of 16F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 70%.
- Friday Night as of Dec. 13 4:00 AM ESTFriday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 0F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the NE after midnight.
- Current Conditions : 16.0F, Overcast - 6:07 AM EST Dec. 13
Search Results for: bfr
One of my regrets in my college career lies in one of my favorite courses, Intro to Geology. I took the class Pass/Fail, which left me with just enough knowledge to totally confuse the hell out of myself. I loved … Continue reading
We’re declaring a truce on Turf Battle, taking a break until next summer. Left for next year will be the planting around the northern retention pond, and the sidewalk removal and re-configuration south of Allen Hall, and completing the wall … Continue reading
Landscape books often write about shade as a “problem”, or give chapters on “solutions” for shady locations. I think that’s crazy talk. Shade plantings require a slightly different mindset, like stepping two feet to the left and looking at the … Continue reading
A new category in the Middland blog, and a guest post to boot. I’m sure most of you have seen the new plaza at McCullough, but have you noticed the rocks out there?