A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 69.1F, Clear - 10:24 PM EDT Sep. 2Temperature: 69.1°F | Humidity: 92% | Pressure: 29.89in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Thursday as of Sep. 2 10:22 PM EDTThursday - Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds...becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.
- Rest of Tonight as of Sep. 2 10:22 PM EDTRest of Tonight - Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.
- Thursday Night as of Sep. 2 10:22 PM EDTThursday Night - Clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. North winds around 10 mph until midnight...becoming light and variable.
- Current Conditions : 69.1F, Clear - 10:24 PM EDT Sep. 2