A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 44.6F, Overcast - 7:20 PM EDT Oct. 24Temperature: 44.6°F | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 29.84in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Friday Night as of Oct. 24 5:00 PM EDTFriday Night - Overcast in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 39F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the SE after midnight.
- Friday as of Oct. 24 5:00 PM EDTFriday - Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 52F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Saturday as of Oct. 24 5:00 PM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Current Conditions : 44.6F, Overcast - 7:20 PM EDT Oct. 24