A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 54.8F, Mostly Cloudy - 2:37 AM EDT Aug. 30Temperature: 54.8°F | Humidity: 98% | Pressure: 30.22in (Rising) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: ESE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Aug. 29 11:00 PM EDTSaturday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 66F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
- Saturday as of Aug. 29 11:00 PM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. High of 79F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday as of Aug. 29 11:00 PM EDTSunday - Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers. High of 79F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.4 in. possible.
- Current Conditions : 54.8F, Mostly Cloudy - 2:37 AM EDT Aug. 30