A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 40.8F, Overcast - 2:25 AM EDT Oct. 9Temperature: 40.8°F | Humidity: 94% | Pressure: 30.03in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Friday as of Oct. 9 12:33 AM EDTFriday - Rain. Highs around 60. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
- Rest of Tonight as of Oct. 9 12:33 AM EDTRest of Tonight - Rain likely. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.
- Friday Night as of Oct. 9 12:33 AM EDTFriday Night - Cloudy. A slight chance of showers until midnight. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds around 10 mph until midnight... becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 20 percent.
- Current Conditions : 40.8F, Overcast - 2:25 AM EDT Oct. 9