A cold front coming down from Canada was pushing a line of storms in from the northwest, and while the weather service wasn’t expecting too much, they were hinting of potential. Campus had some rain earlier this morning, but then the sun came out, even early across upstate New York, so the heating of the atmosphere allowed some local cells of intense storms to grow. My kids were even impressed.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 44.8F, Overcast - 12:27 AM EDT Apr. 19Temperature: 44.8°F | Humidity: 60% | Pressure: 30.19in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 3.0mph […]
- Sunday as of Apr. 18 11:00 PM EDTSunday - Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the SSW in the afternoon.
- Saturday as of Apr. 18 11:00 PM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. High of 52F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 15 to 20 mph.
- Saturday Night as of Apr. 18 11:00 PM EDTSaturday Night - Clear. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Flood Warning - Expires: 10:42 PM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 10:42 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
- Current Conditions : 44.8F, Overcast - 12:27 AM EDT Apr. 19