Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Special Statement - Expires: 2:45 PM EDTSpecial Statement for Addison County in effect until 2:45 PM EDT on August 04, 2015
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch - Expires: 8:00 PM EDTSevere Thunderstorm Watch for Addison County in effect until 8:00 PM EDT on August 04, 2015
- Current Conditions : 72.1F, Mostly Cloudy - 1:35 PM EDT Aug. 4Temperature: 72.1°F | Humidity: 75% | Pressure: 29.81in ( Falling) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: NNE | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Wednesday as of Aug. 4 11:22 AM EDTWednesday - Scattered showers and thunderstorms. High 73F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Tuesday as of Aug. 4 11:22 AM EDTTuesday - Scattered thunderstorms. High 79F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Tuesday Night as of Aug. 4 11:22 AM EDTTuesday Night - Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low 59F. Winds light and variable.
- Special Statement - Expires: 2:45 PM EDT
Teaching with Technology Fair
It’s Commencement (literally, it’s about 9:30 Sunday morning, we’ve been at it since 5 Am, but now us landscapers are hiding around campus working where you can’t see us), hence the lack of any posts the last week or so. I’ve got a lot to write, but being a landscaper in spring has it’s disadvantages, time management being a one of them. I just wanted to mention I’ll be at the Teaching with Technology Fair on Wednesday, in the Great Hall at Bicentennial Hall from 10-12, showing off the Campus Tree Map. If you’re curious as to the ArcGIS underpinnings of the map, or just want to drop by to talk plants, come on over.