Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 22.1F, Overcast - 11:00 AM EDT Mar. 28Temperature: 22.1°F | Humidity: 65% | Pressure: 29.94in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 8.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Mar. 28 9:04 AM EDTSaturday Night - A few clouds. A few flurries or snow showers possible. Low around 15F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday as of Mar. 28 9:04 AM EDTSaturday - Overcast. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 29F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
- Sunday as of Mar. 28 9:04 AM EDTSunday - A mainly sunny sky. High 41F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
- Current Conditions : 22.1F, Overcast - 11:00 AM EDT Mar. 28
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…