Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 20.2F, Clear - 6:37 PM EST Feb. 28Temperature: 20.2°F | Humidity: 51% | Pressure: 30.66in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 5.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Feb. 28 4:00 PM ESTSaturday Night - Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 7F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Saturday as of Feb. 28 4:00 PM ESTSaturday - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Sunday as of Feb. 28 4:00 PM ESTSunday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the afternoon. High of 30F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
- Current Conditions : 20.2F, Clear - 6:37 PM EST Feb. 28
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…