Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 52.4F, Clear - 1:51 AM EDT Aug. 29Temperature: 52.4°F | Humidity: 95% | Pressure: 30.17in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Aug. 28 11:22 PM EDTSaturday Night - Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy after midnight. Low 61F. Winds light and variable.
- Saturday as of Aug. 28 11:22 PM EDTSaturday - Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 82F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday as of Aug. 28 11:22 PM EDTSunday - Sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 85F. Winds light and variable.
- Current Conditions : 52.4F, Clear - 1:51 AM EDT Aug. 29
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…