Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : -8.1F, Clear - 4:30 AM EST Jan. 29Temperature: -8.1°F | Humidity: 83% | Pressure: 30.31in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Thursday Night as of Jan. 29 3:37 AM ESTThursday Night - Overcast with snow. Low of 25F with a windchill as low as 16F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
- Thursday as of Jan. 29 3:37 AM ESTThursday - Mostly cloudy. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 10F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
- Friday as of Jan. 29 3:37 AM ESTFriday - Overcast with snow. High of 34F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the NW in the afternoon. Chance of snow 100%.
- Current Conditions : -8.1F, Clear - 4:30 AM EST Jan. 29
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…