Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 65.6F, Light Drizzle - 12:05 PM EDT Jul. 28Temperature: 65.6°F | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 29.53in ( Falling) | Conditions: Light Drizzle | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Monday Night as of Jul. 28 11:00 AM EDTMonday Night - Mostly cloudy with rain showers, then a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 55F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.3 in. possible.
- Monday as of Jul. 28 11:00 AM EDTMonday - Overcast with thunderstorms and rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. High of 72F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.9 in. possible.
- Tuesday as of Jul. 28 11:00 AM EDTTuesday - Partly cloudy. High of 72F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Current Conditions : 65.6F, Light Drizzle - 12:05 PM EDT Jul. 28
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…