Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 59.5F, Overcast - 7:14 PM EDT May. 23Temperature: 59.5°F | Humidity: 25% | Pressure: 30.24in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 6.0mph
- Saturday Night as of May. 23 5:25 PM EDTSaturday Night - A few clouds. Low 46F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday as of May. 23 5:25 PM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the mid 40s.
- Sunday as of May. 23 5:25 PM EDTSunday - Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 82F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Current Conditions : 59.5F, Overcast - 7:14 PM EDT May. 23
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…