Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 68.2F, Scattered Clouds - 11:55 AM EDT Jul. 24Temperature: 68.2°F | Humidity: 64% | Pressure: 29.94in (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: NNW | Wind Speed: 7.0mph
- Thursday Night as of Jul. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday Night - Clear. Low of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Thursday as of Jul. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 79F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday as of Jul. 24 11:00 AM EDTFriday - Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 82F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Current Conditions : 68.2F, Scattered Clouds - 11:55 AM EDT Jul. 24
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…