Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 37.1F, Overcast - 8:09 AM EDT Nov. 1Temperature: 37.1°F | Humidity: 86% | Pressure: 30.01in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 2.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Nov. 1 5:00 AM EDTSaturday Night - Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of snow and a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 34F with a windchill as low as 28F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40% .
- Saturday as of Nov. 1 5:00 AM EDTSaturday - Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 46F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Sunday as of Nov. 1 5:00 AM EDTSunday - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow and a chance of rain, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 41F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 30% .
- Current Conditions : 37.1F, Overcast - 8:09 AM EDT Nov. 1
Here at Middlebury we seemed to have missed the brunt of the storm all around us. Trees are down all around Lake Dunmore, East Middlebury, and up into Huntington. No major tree damage here, although some Weeping Willows look like the base of the chair you sit in after a haircut-we’ll be picking up sticks for a day or so. Snow Reports from around the area include 6″ in Cornwall, and 9″ in Bridport, while on campus we only seemed to be shoveling 3″. Our peak wind gust was 48 MPH, from the southeast at 2 PM. Some brave souls out making snowmen on Battell Beach went inside pretty quickly after that…