The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 76.7F, Scattered Clouds - 12:00 PM EDT Jul. 26Temperature: 76.7°F | Humidity: 54% | Pressure: 29.92in ( Falling) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 7.0mph
- Saturday Night as of Jul. 26 11:00 AM EDTSaturday Night - Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers after midnight. Low of 66F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Saturday as of Jul. 26 11:00 AM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. High of 82F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday as of Jul. 26 11:00 AM EDTSunday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 81F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Current Conditions : 76.7F, Scattered Clouds - 12:00 PM EDT Jul. 26