The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 82.0F, Mostly Cloudy - 7:37 PM EDT May. 26Temperature: 82.0°F | Humidity: 58% | Pressure: 30.03in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Tuesday Night as of May. 26 5:23 PM EDTTuesday Night - Partly cloudy this evening followed by increasing clouds with showers developing after midnight. Low 68F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
- Tuesday as of May. 26 5:23 PM EDTTuesday - Showers late. Lows overnight in the upper 60s.
- Wednesday as of May. 26 5:23 PM EDTWednesday - Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 87F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Current Conditions : 82.0F, Mostly Cloudy - 7:37 PM EDT May. 26