The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 49.0F, Overcast - 1:30 PM EDT Apr. 24Temperature: 49.0°F | Humidity: 41% | Pressure: 29.88in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 19.0mph
- Flood Warning - Expires: 12:30 PM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 12:30 PM EDT on April 25, 2014
- Thursday as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 54F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Friday as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTFriday - Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Thursday Night as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday Night - Clear. Low of 36F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph.
- Fire Weather Warning - Expires: 7:00 PM EDTFire Weather Warning for Addison County in effect until 7:00 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
- Current Conditions : 49.0F, Overcast - 1:30 PM EDT Apr. 24