The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 3.2F, Clear - 4:25 AM EST Jan. 26Temperature: 3.2°F | Humidity: 75% | Pressure: 30.10in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Winter Weather Advisory - Expires: 1:00 AM ESTWinter Weather Advisory for Addison County in effect until 1:00 AM EST on January 28, 2015
- Monday as of Jan. 26 3:18 AM ESTMonday - Mostly cloudy. High of 21F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
- Tuesday as of Jan. 26 3:18 AM ESTTuesday - Overcast with snow. High of 18F with a windchill as low as -2F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
- Monday Night as of Jan. 26 3:18 AM ESTMonday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening, then overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 10F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
- Current Conditions : 3.2F, Clear - 4:25 AM EST Jan. 26