The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 24.3F, Overcast - 12:26 AM EST Dec. 22Temperature: 24.3°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 30.36in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Monday Night as of Dec. 21 10:00 PM ESTMonday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening, then overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 30F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
- Monday as of Dec. 21 10:00 PM ESTMonday - Mostly cloudy. High of 36F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
- Tuesday as of Dec. 21 10:00 PM ESTTuesday - Overcast with ice pellets and a chance of rain, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 41F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40% .
- Current Conditions : 24.3F, Overcast - 12:26 AM EST Dec. 22