The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 57.3F, Clear - 1:39 PM EDT Oct. 8Temperature: 57.3°F | Humidity: 49% | Pressure: 30.15in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Tonight as of Oct. 8 1:16 PM EDTTonight - Partly cloudy until midnight...then cloudy with a chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 50 percent.
- Rest of Today as of Oct. 8 1:16 PM EDTRest of Today - Mostly sunny. Near steady temperature in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.
- Friday as of Oct. 8 1:16 PM EDTFriday - Rain. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds around 10 mph... becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
- Current Conditions : 57.3F, Clear - 1:39 PM EDT Oct. 8