The National Weather Service is getting all excited about breaking the record of the latest date of first measurable snowfall (measurable meaning more than .1″). Being that they keep the record in Burlington, which didn’t get snow yesterday, they are poised to break it tomorrow. I never get too excited about records, what the hottest day was, the coldest, all that. It’s like baseball statistics-dry, interesting on the periphery, but not riveting reading.
Here in Middlebury we got about 1/10th of an inch, exactly .04″ in liquid form. (The weather station melts the snow and pretends it is rain.) The sidewalks and roads were warm enough to melt the snow as well, so facilities got this one off (yea!). Look for colder weather this week, and a big storm on Wednesday, the jury is still out as to amount of rain/snow/sleet/junk that may fall.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 56.5F, Clear - 4:19 AM EDT Jun. 30Temperature: 56.5°F | Humidity: 98% | Pressure: 29.96in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Tuesday Night as of Jun. 30 2:22 AM EDTTuesday Night - Cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low 63F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday as of Jun. 30 2:22 AM EDTTuesday - Mostly sunny early then increasing cloudiness this afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 78F. Winds light and variable.
- Wednesday as of Jun. 30 2:22 AM EDTWednesday - Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 76F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Current Conditions : 56.5F, Clear - 4:19 AM EDT Jun. 30