Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 9.3F, Clear - 4:51 PM EST Feb. 1Temperature: 9.3°F | Humidity: 59% | Pressure: 30.20in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 8.0mph
- Monday as of Feb. 1 3:02 PM ESTMonday - Overcast with snow. High of 14F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 4 in. possible.
- Sunday as of Feb. 1 3:02 PM ESTSunday - Overcast in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 18F with a windchill as low as -6F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night as of Feb. 1 3:02 PM ESTSunday Night - Mostly cloudy in the evening, then overcast with snow. Low of -2F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
- Winter Storm Warning - Expires: 1:00 AM ESTWinter Storm Warning for Addison County in effect until 1:00 AM EST on February 03, 2015
- Current Conditions : 9.3F, Clear - 4:51 PM EST Feb. 1
Full Fall Color
The foliage is peaking now in Middlebury, and it’s pretty spectacular. My prediction was part true-the color is great this year, but the timing seems pretty normal to me. Anyway, I was gone for all of last week (in the Ozarks and Nebraska, where there are spectacular oaks, but, like oaks are wont to do, no pretty fall color, just washed out yellows and muddy browns), so here’s some pictures of plants at my house that are also in nice color on campus.