Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 74.6F, Scattered Clouds - 7:38 AM EDT May. 27Temperature: 74.6°F | Humidity: 77% | Pressure: 30.07in (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 7.0mph
- Thursday as of May. 27 5:22 AM EDTThursday - Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. A stray thunderstorm is possible. High 76F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday as of May. 27 5:22 AM EDTWednesday - Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 86F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Wednesday Night as of May. 27 5:22 AM EDTWednesday Night - Scattered thunderstorms during the evening, with mostly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 67F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Special Statement - Expires: 12:00 PM EDTSpecial Statement for Addison County in effect until 12:00 PM EDT on May 27, 2015
- Current Conditions : 74.6F, Scattered Clouds - 7:38 AM EDT May. 27
Full Fall Color
The foliage is peaking now in Middlebury, and it’s pretty spectacular. My prediction was part true-the color is great this year, but the timing seems pretty normal to me. Anyway, I was gone for all of last week (in the Ozarks and Nebraska, where there are spectacular oaks, but, like oaks are wont to do, no pretty fall color, just washed out yellows and muddy browns), so here’s some pictures of plants at my house that are also in nice color on campus.