Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Special Statement - Expires: 2:00 PM EDTSpecial Statement for Addison County in effect until 2:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
- Current Conditions : 72.2F, Scattered Clouds - 11:58 AM EDT Jul. 31Temperature: 72.2°F | Humidity: 67% | Pressure: 30.04in (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 6.0mph
- Thursday as of Jul. 31 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain showers in the afternoon. High of 72F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
- Friday as of Jul. 31 11:00 AM EDTFriday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 82F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Thursday Night as of Jul. 31 11:00 AM EDTThursday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 55F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.
- Special Statement - Expires: 2:00 PM EDT
Starting to feel like fall in the morning, and certain trees are starting to look like fall. Here’s another tree to drop everything to go look at while it is still in full fall color. It’s a Katsura Tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum. Presumably the leaves smell like cotton candy when they turn and start dropping, but, like those Magic Eye posters, it doesn’t work for me.