Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 49.0F, Overcast - 1:30 PM EDT Apr. 24Temperature: 49.0°F | Humidity: 41% | Pressure: 29.88in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 19.0mph
- Flood Warning - Expires: 12:30 PM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 12:30 PM EDT on April 25, 2014
- Thursday as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 54F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Friday as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTFriday - Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Thursday Night as of Apr. 24 11:00 AM EDTThursday Night - Clear. Low of 36F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph.
- Fire Weather Warning - Expires: 7:00 PM EDTFire Weather Warning for Addison County in effect until 7:00 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
- Current Conditions : 49.0F, Overcast - 1:30 PM EDT Apr. 24
Starting to feel like fall in the morning, and certain trees are starting to look like fall. Here’s another tree to drop everything to go look at while it is still in full fall color. It’s a Katsura Tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum. Presumably the leaves smell like cotton candy when they turn and start dropping, but, like those Magic Eye posters, it doesn’t work for me.