Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 27.2F, Light Snow - 4:36 AM EST Jan. 30Temperature: 27.2°F | Humidity: 94% | Pressure: 29.81in (Rising) | Conditions: Light Snow | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 3.0mph
- Saturday as of Jan. 30 3:58 AM ESTSaturday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 12F with a windchill as low as -18F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Friday as of Jan. 30 3:58 AM ESTFriday - Overcast with snow. High of 34F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the NNW in the afternoon. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
- Friday Night as of Jan. 30 3:58 AM ESTFriday Night - Overcast with a chance of snow, then a chance of snow after midnight. Low of -2F with a windchill as low as -15F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
- Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory - Expires: 1:00 AM ESTWind Chill Advisory, Winter Weather Advisory for Addison County in effect until 1:00 AM EST on January 31, 2015
- Current Conditions : 27.2F, Light Snow - 4:36 AM EST Jan. 30
Starting to feel like fall in the morning, and certain trees are starting to look like fall. Here’s another tree to drop everything to go look at while it is still in full fall color. It’s a Katsura Tree, Cercidiphyllum japonicum. Presumably the leaves smell like cotton candy when they turn and start dropping, but, like those Magic Eye posters, it doesn’t work for me.