Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 53.9F, Clear - 12:08 AM EDT Jul. 30Temperature: 53.9°F | Humidity: 98% | Pressure: 29.96in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Wednesday Night as of Jul. 29 11:00 PM EDTWednesday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 54F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Wednesday as of Jul. 29 11:00 PM EDTWednesday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 77F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
- Thursday as of Jul. 29 11:00 PM EDTThursday - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 73F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
- Current Conditions : 53.9F, Clear - 12:08 AM EDT Jul. 30