Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emerald Ash Borer Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 49.2F, Clear - 5:56 PM EST Nov. 26Temperature: 49.2°F | Humidity: 66% | Pressure: 30.58in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 6.0mph
- Friday as of Nov. 26 5:45 PM ESTFriday - Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
- Tonight as of Nov. 26 5:45 PM ESTTonight - Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Friday Night as of Nov. 26 5:45 PM ESTFriday Night - Cloudy. Rain showers likely...mainly until midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming north after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.
- Current Conditions : 49.2F, Clear - 5:56 PM EST Nov. 26