Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 56.4F, Light Rain - 10:39 PM EDT May. 19Temperature: 56.4°F | Humidity: 92% | Pressure: 30.23in ( Falling) | Conditions: Light Rain | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 9.0mph […]
- Sunday Night as of May. 19 5:00 PM EDTSunday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Fog overnight. Low of 54F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%. […]
- Sunday as of May. 19 5:00 PM EDTSunday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 72F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%. […]
- Monday as of May. 19 5:00 PM EDTMonday - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 73F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the West in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20%. […]
- Current Conditions : 56.4F, Light Rain - 10:39 PM EDT May. 19