Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 32.1F, Clear - 7:52 AM EDT Oct. 31Temperature: 32.1°F | Humidity: 96% | Pressure: 30.04in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: NW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Friday Night as of Oct. 31 5:00 AM EDTFriday Night - Overcast. Low of 36F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Friday as of Oct. 31 5:00 AM EDTFriday - Overcast. High of 50F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday as of Oct. 31 5:00 AM EDTSaturday - Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 46F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
- Current Conditions : 32.1F, Clear - 7:52 AM EDT Oct. 31