Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 46.9F, Overcast - 12:28 PM EDT Apr. 19Temperature: 46.9°F | Humidity: 73% | Pressure: 30.31in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: NNW | Wind Speed: 9.0mph […]
- Sunday as of Apr. 19 11:00 AM EDTSunday - Clear in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph.
- Saturday as of Apr. 19 11:00 AM EDTSaturday - Partly cloudy. High of 52F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Saturday Night as of Apr. 19 11:00 AM EDTSaturday Night - Clear. Low of 32F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Flood Warning - Expires: 11:43 AM EDTFlood Warning for Addison County in effect until 11:43 AM EDT on April 20, 2014
- Current Conditions : 46.9F, Overcast - 12:28 PM EDT Apr. 19