Control? Pesticide? Nah. Being this late in the year, the leaves are beginning their shutdown/fall off routine, aren’t providing much in the way of food for the tree anymore, so if some fall or get eaten prematurally, I don’t sweat it. I’ve always heard an organic control is to take a stick and tear apart the web, exposing the caterpillars to passing birds for a quick take-out meal, but I’ve never seen a bird indulge. Maybe someone (not me) that knows birds could shed some light here.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 23.8F, Mostly Cloudy - 4:54 AM EST Dec. 4Temperature: 23.8°F | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 30.04in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Thursday as of Dec. 4 4:00 AM ESTThursday - Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 48F. Breezy. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%. […]
- Wednesday as of Dec. 4 4:00 AM ESTWednesday - Partly cloudy. High of 41F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Wednesday Night as of Dec. 4 4:00 AM ESTWednesday Night - Mostly cloudy in the evening, then overcast with a chance of snow. Fog overnight. Low of 27F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
- Special Statement - Expires: 7:00 AM ESTSpecial Statement for Addison County in effect until 7:00 AM EST on December 04, 2013
- Current Conditions : 23.8F, Mostly Cloudy - 4:54 AM EST Dec. 4