Once in a while, though, a particular piece jumps out. I don’t know the artist, the class, or the professor, but hats off to this piece. Next to one of our favorite trees, a massive Black Willow disintegrating before our very eyes, this piece (don’t even know the name) has captured, I think, the spirit of the surrondings perfectly. I’m no critic, and the only art classes I’ve had are in landscape design, but I know what I like. And, to whoever made this piece, well, I’ll quote my grandfather when I’d graduated high school. “You done good”.
Middland on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsArbor Day BFR Campus community campus wildlife CAPP Commencement drought ecology Emma Willard Facilities fall color flooding flowers geology GIS iTree job seeker Landscape landscape history McCullough native Outdoor Art Plant Pathology poem renga resume Reunion rocks snow snow removal storm report Tree Campus tree planting tree removal Trees twitter vandalism watering Weather weather station winter carnival winter term
- Current Conditions : 71.9F, Clear - 12:10 PM EDT Jul. 30Temperature: 71.9°F | Humidity: 62% | Pressure: 30.01in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 2.0mph
- Wednesday Night as of Jul. 30 11:00 AM EDTWednesday Night - Partly cloudy. Fog overnight. Low of 55F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday as of Jul. 30 11:00 AM EDTWednesday - Partly cloudy. High of 77F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday as of Jul. 30 11:00 AM EDTThursday - Mostly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain showers. High of 73F. Winds from the SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
- Current Conditions : 71.9F, Clear - 12:10 PM EDT Jul. 30