Student Org Profile: Brother to Brother

Brother to Brother is a male mentoring organization that gives middle school boys a chance to engage with college students in a group setting. We hold monthly events with a wide range of activities, all with the ultimate goal of fostering healthy concepts of masculinity.

“I have been with Brother to Brother for three years. BTB has given me the opportunity to be a kid again as well as reflect on some of the challenges that male-identified middle schoolers face on a daily basis. Each of our events consist of a fun activity, like rock climbing, Quidditch, or pizza baking, as well a reflection/discussion portion that touches on some aspect of masculinity. One of my favorite events this fall was called the Egg Olympics. The event was just as goofy as the name sounds. We held a series of egg-themed competitions (egg drop, egg toss, egg relay, etc) and there was super high level of energy among both mentors and mentees. Then, after a pizza dinner at the Grille, we gathered for a thoughtful discussion about romantic relationships– in middle school, college, and beyond. To me, the night really embodied what Brother to Brother is all about– having fun, making connections, and learning from one another.”
– Kyle Dickey ’17