Student Org Profile: DREAM

DREAM is a mentoring organization that pairs college students with youth from affordable housing neighborhoods. DREAM aims to empower children to lead healthy, productive lives through weekly gatherings with fun and rewarding activities.

During my first semester on campus, I was interested in community involvement and mentoring, and was lucky enough to find DREAM (Directing through Recreation, Education, Adventure, and Mentoring). DREAM is a group mentoring organization for kids living in affordable housing developments around Middlebury, and centers around weekly programming each Friday with activities such as tie-dye, sledding, science demos, field days, and more. As a part of DREAM, I’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the summer camp vibe of these fun Fridays, as well as the chance to develop long term mentoring relationships with kids of a variety of ages in the Middlebury community. Getting to know these kids has become a weekly treat, and watching them mature and grow over the past year and a half has been one of the most rewarding parts of my time at school.

-Sadie Dutton ’19.