Apply today: Flex Fund Review Committee
The Service Cluster Board is accepting applications to serve on the 2015-2016 Flex Fund Review Committee!
Download the application here.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 29th
Submit application via email to email@example.com.
The Service Cluster Board Flex Fund provides funding for individuals, ad-hoc groups, teams, and official student organizations to carry out volunteer service. The Committee works with the SCB Co-Coordinators in order to review and approve applications grounded in service. Examples of previously funded initiatives are: transportation to teach a foreign language at Monkton Elementary, service trips during winter and spring breaks, and dinners at a local homeless shelter.
Responsibilities of SCB Flex Fund Review Committee Members include:
- Review funding requests from individual students, ad-hoc groups and student organizations for community service projects.
- Attend fall and spring trainings.
- Respond to funding requests via email within 24 hours.
- Attend Review Committee meetings during the semester.
Benefits of being an SCB Flex Fund Review Committee Member:
- Ability to help positively impact the community by empowering new service initiatives.
- Gain advising/program coordination experience by reviewing applications and programming.
- Gain budget management experience by balancing and dispersing funds from a $5,000 discretionary budget.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Passion for volunteer service.
- Ability to be responsive to applications within 24 to 48 hours.
- Ability to adhere to the Flex Fund philosophy and goals through sound decisions on funding initiatives.