What is Venture for America?
Venture for America is a 2-year fellowship program to launch your career as an entrepreneur. We recruit, train, and place top recent graduates at start-ups in Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, and more…
Fellows are fully employed by their host company and receive health benefits through their employer. Salaries are estimated at $32,000 – $38,000. All Fellowship programs and benefits are provided at no charge to each Venture Fellow.
What are the biggest advantages to becoming a VFA fellow?
There are three major advantages, among many others, to becoming a VFA fellow:
- Network. The Fellow class consists of exceptional people who will be lifelong partners, advisors, and colleagues. Fellows are connected to leading entrepreneurs and investors in their regions.
- Work experience. Fellows gain invaluable hands-on experience of building a business from the ground up.
- Training and Mentorship. VFA’s educational component gives Fellows the best of business school without the school debt. Training Camp teaches hard skills through a mix of real-life challenges, inspiring guest speakers, and valuable advice.
VFA Fellows will be selected through an application process that will include peer and faculty recommendations, multiple interviews, case studies, and behavioral exercises. The goal will be to screen candidates for qualities that distinguish successful entrepreneurs, including:
- Intellect and Independent Thinking
- Determination/Ability to Surmount Obstacles/Resourcefulness
- Leadership Ability/Initiative
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- 3.0 Minimum Cumulative GPA
Applicants complete an online application where they submit a resume, recommendations, as well as personal and academic information Applications: 1st Deadline on Monday, October 8, 2012; 2nd Deadline on Monday, December 3, 2012; 3rd Deadline on Monday, February 18, 2013.
After the selection process is complete, Venture for America’s next fellow class will convene for the first time in June 2013 for the five-week Venture for America Fellow Training Camp.
Articles about Venture America :